Speed your dinner into high gear with this veggie and protein-packed superstar. A large zucchini serve as the perfect vessel for your lasagna-like toppings. And, the added protein powder is undetectably delicious!
- 2 large zucchinis
- 2 cups lowfat cottage cheese
- 2 scoops unflavored pea-based protein powder
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- Marinara sauce (with or without meat)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Chopped basil or spinach, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut a zucchini lengthwise. Microwave the zucchini halves for 2-3 minutes, just enough to soften. Then, let cool for 10 minutes
- While the zucchini is cooling, place cottage cheese, protein powder and seasoning in food processor. Pulse approximately 25 times to incorporate. Set aside.
- Scoop the middle out of zucchini with a spoon or melon baller. Spread cheese mixture into the hollowed portion of the zucchini. Place in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Continue with other zucchini halves.
- Spread marinara sauce over each zucchini. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and broil for 3 minutes, or until cheese begins to bubble and brown.
- Remove from oven and garnish as desired. Store left-overs in refrigerator for up to three days.