There are few things more beautiful than a bunch of spotty bananas…so versatile…so sweet. God’s natural candy source. This morning, whip up a batch of this dense GF bread using protein-rich teff flour, and feel satisfied all morning long.
- 4 flax eggs (4 T ground flax in ⅓ cup water)
- 2 bananas (the spottier the better)
- ⅓ cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 9 pitted dates
- 3 Tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup teff
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon almond butter
- ½ cup pecans (optional)
- Date sugar (optional for topping)
- Make flax egg and let sit while collecting ingredients and preparing batter. Consistency should be thick when flax “egg” is set.
- Grease a loaf pan as desired. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, place bananas, applesauce, vanilla, dates, and coconut oil. Process until smooth. Add flax egg. Process again.
- Add cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, teff, coconut flour, baking soda and almond butter. Process using pulses until incorporated. Add pecans and pulse just enough to mix and chop nuts into batter. Batter will be thick.
- Spread into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle top with date sugar, if desired. Bake covered for 35 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Enjoy with a smattering of almond butter and a cup of your favorite morning tea. Keep leftovers in the refrigerator for 2-3 days in an airtight container.