Ever have an urge for a high-end, high-calorie ice cream bar? Decadent indulgence can be achieved with a surprisingly sensible alternative. Don’t worry, this recipe will still achieve an eye-rolling, slow-motion chewing effect when you take the first bite. Gluten and dairy free.
- 2 Tablespoons almond butter
- 1 Tablespoon powdered cocoa
- 1 scoop chocolate NuZest Clean Lean Protein
- ½ banana (spottier the better)
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons alcohol free vanilla
- 1/4 Tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 2 Tablespoon powdered cocoa
- 1 Tablespoon coconut nectar
- Chopped almonds (optional)
- For bars, place all ingredients into a high speed blender. Mix on medium-high speed until smooth.
- Pour mixture into ice cream bar molds* and freeze (approximately 5 hours or overnight).
- When ready to eat, mix coating ingredients until it forms a smooth sauce. Adjust sweetness to taste.
- Remove bars from molds. Coat bar in chocolate coating, pressing each side into the chopped almonds as coating dries quickly. Return to freezer for 5 minutes.
*Such as Silikomart Silicone Easy Ice Cream Bar Molds