It takes no time at all to whip up a baked apple with a power-packed middle. The filling is fully customizable, depending on your liking and what is available in your pantry. Enjoy this healthy dessert year round!
- 1 small banana
- ⅓ cup applesauce
- 1 tbsp. almond butter
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 scoop vanilla Nuzest Clean Lean Protein
- 1 cups oats (GF, if desired)
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 4 large apples of choice
- Core apples. Place apples upright in a 9×9 baking dish.
- To make filling, add banana, applesauce, almond butter, coconut oil, cinnamon, Nuzest protein powder and salt in a food processor. Process on high until fully incorporated. Add oats. Pulse to combine approximately 15 times.
- With a small spoon, fill apples with the filling mixture.
- Microwave apples on high for approximately 6 minutes. Using tongs, carefully check for apples for doneness (apples should give to pressure). If still firm, microwave 2-4 minutes more. Remove from microwave and let cool completely.
- Once cooled, these are best eaten immediately. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.